Maine-ly, I no nothing about Maine…….
– When I worked for a Boston company a lot of people would go to Maine for the weekend, or on vacation. All said it was beautiful.
– the Appalachian Trails ends there (or begins) depending on your direction. We are Nobo’s (Northbounders), so the trail ends there for us.
– Acadia National Park (on list to visit)
– L.L. Bean flagship store (open 24/7/365)
– Lobsters, lobsters, lobsters
– rocky coastline and cold water
– from Florida (on the map) it’s a long way up
The plan: Eat lots of Lobsters, visit LL Bean, visit Acadia, and maybe stop by the end of the AT.